There's a reason why people in the cosmetics and beauty industry are obsessed with eyebrows. These thin lines of hair strands add dimension and expressiveness to your face. Many people have naturally thin and sparse eyebrows, but it doesn't have to stay that way. Most people don't realize it is possible to grow thicker eyebrows with the right products and care. If you're not able to grow them thicker, it is also possible to add volume using brow products. Here are some tips on how to thicken your eyebrows:
1. Choose a Solution That Works For You
Eyebrows will grow rich and thick if you seal the moisture in and ensure the roots are well-hydrated every night. There are several ways to seal this moisture in but some of the most popular products to use are:
- Eyebrow serums – Many cosmetic companies manufacturer these serums with specialized ingredients to stimulate growth and lock in moisture.
- Castor Oil – This oil has long been known to stimulate hair growth and is considered very effective. You just need to apply it on clean brows every night and wash it off every morning. Castor oil might irritate the skin so it is important to perform a patch test first.
- Olive Oil – This works like castor oil though it is considered less effective when it comes to hair growth. Just make sure you apply a dab-sized amount every night. Olive oil doesn't cause any irritation so it is ideal for people with sensitive skin.
- Petroleum Jelly – This product doesn't do much to stimulate growth or nourish the roots, but it can seal in hydration, which is an effective way to ensure your eyebrows grow thicker. The alternatives mentioned above are a better option but if you don't have anything on hand, petroleum jelly will work. People with acne prone skin or oily skin should avoid this.
Eyebrow growth is a slow process so it will take weeks, if not months for you to see visible results. Don't be discouraged by this and make sure your application is consistent. Eventually, you will see your eyebrows grow thicker and darker.
2. Clean Your Face
People rarely pay attention to their eyebrows while cleaning their face. They don't rub the brows or make sure the skin underneath the hair is clean. This can hamper growth because the follicles aren't getting much stimulation. Here's what you must do to encourage growth:
- Wash brows every time you wash your face.
- Use a gentle cleanser that doesn't have too many chemicals.
- Exfoliate the skin under the brows at least once or twice a week.
- Carefully remove all brow products, including the oil or serum mentioned above to ensure there's no build-up.
This regular cleaning and maintenance will help encourage growth and lead to thicker, bushy brows. Regular cleaning is very effective and will keep your brows healthy as well.
3. Brush Through with a Spoolie
You can find an eyebrow spoolie at a nearby beauty or cosmetic store. These affordable tools are ideal for cleaning, grooming, and maintaining your brows. Combing your hair every day stimulates the scalp and helps it grow longer. The same principle can be applied to brow hairs. Combing small strands with a spoolie brush every day will stimulate and massage the roots, which will lead to better growth. It's important to be gentle when you're combing with a spoolie because you don't want to pull any hair out.
4. Stop Shaping and Plucking
Your brows will not grow thick and healthy if you don't give them time to do so. Regular plucking or waxing can strain the brow hair roots and hinder growth. Stop grooming the brows for at least 12 weeks and let the hair grow freely.
You can trim and brush the hairs into place to ensure there's some definition to your brows, but don't pluck them. Once the hair has grown strong and the brows are thick, you can go back to grooming. But make sure you never go overboard with plucking or waxing because it's easy to get back to square one quickly.
It's a good idea to incorporate food items into your everyday diet, that lead to hair growth. Things like almonds, eggs, salmon, yogurt, etc., will stimulate hair growth on your head and brows.
If you're worried about thinning hair on your head, we at Hair 2.0 recommend our natural keratin fiber solution. Want to know more? Contact our customer care for queries or browse through our website for information on different products.